Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Sweet Craving......(Strawberries with Ricotta Cheese)



I am a very "Sweeeeeet Person", well, as in "I Love Sweets" :-) I have not one but 32 Sweet Teeth!! Sweets are a 'Yes! Yes!!' anytime anywhere. I share my dad's passion for sweets. He has all 32 Sweet Teeth too... even the artificial, root canaled, filled up, capped/crowned ones. Everytime I call my parents, one invariable question will be 'What did u cook today?' and I almost always immediately regret the question and miss them all the more wishing I had been there...Reason? mom would have cooked up some delicious sweets, which dad would describe to me in such elaboration. I'd feign anger, pick a fight, say its not fair that I did not get my share blah... blah... and I know that they know its all in good will. All I am is, happy that even at this age they are able to make and eat sweets, wishing their good health lasts for ever. Touch wood.

The other day..... I had this intense urge to eat something sweet(BTW, these urges are nothing new to me, so, please dont assume any 'sweet' news). I went and ransacked my kitchen, though I knew there was nothing there to satisfy me.... In the process, I opened the fridge and there it was... sitting coyly in one corner.... waiting to be picked up, a tub of Ricotta Cheese. Giada de Laurentiis, of Food Network's fame, flashed before my eyes. Luckily I had Strawberries too... and Voila! I had a satisfying, creamy, sweet craving-curber ready in a jiffy.



Looks delicious, huh? Its as easy to make.

Ingredients:

1 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup Sugar (adjust to your liking)
Fresh Strawberries, washed, trimmed and sliced

Method:

1. Mix the Cheese and Sugar, until sugar melts and the mixture becomes creamy
2. Serve with sliced strawberries.



Go on... Help yourselves..
I can eat ricotta cheese-sugar mixture all by itself. Dipping strawberries into it just makes it more heavenly. My son and I polished off the whole plate :-) yummmmm....mmm... mmm.. mmm. :-)

No comments: