Monday, January 7, 2008
Cheenikaayi Kadubu(Sweet Pumpkin Idli)
1 cup cheenikaayi(pumpkin) - 50% grated, 50% finely chopped
1/2 cup fine akki tari (rice rava)
1/2 cup jaggery
1/2 cup grated coconut
1. In a pan fry the rice rava until just slightly warm. Let it cool. (If the rava is too coarse, run it in the mixer until it resembles fine rava.)
2. Mix it with all other ingredients in a bowl, squeezing it nicely with your palm and fingers until a bit of the juice is released.
3. Let it rest atleast for an hour.
4. Then, put this batter into greased cups and steam for 10-15 minutes or until done.
5. Cool and unmould from cups.
6. Serve with Coconut chutney, honey and ghee.
For the Chutney:
1 cup Grated coconut
2 teaspoons Sugar
Grind all the above to a fine paste.