Sunday, December 16, 2007
Potato, boiled and mashed - 3 medium
Tomato, finely chopped - 3
Onion, finely chopped - 2 medium
Mixed vegetables, finely chopped - 1/2 to 3/4 th cup each
(Cauliflower, Capsicum, Carrot, Beans, Peas)
Pav Bhaji Masala - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Jeera Powder - 1 tsp
Dhania Powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon Juice to taste
Coriander leaves, chopped finely to garnish
1. Cook until done, the mixed vegetables with a little water in the microwave.
2. Reserve half of the chopped onions and tomatoes for garnishing.
3. Heat a little butter in a pan. Add the remaining Onions and fry until translucent. Add the remaining tomatoes and cook until done.
4. Add all the cooked vegetables and potatoes and mix well. Mash them all together.
5. Add all the masala powders, salt, sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Adjust according to taste. The Bhaji should not be too thick. Add water and adjust.
6. Finally add a dollop of butter and mix well.
7. Lightly toast the buns on a pan using butter.
8. Serve the toasted buns with bhaji garnished with chopped onions,tomatoes, coriander and lemon wedges on the side.