1 cup fine Semolina
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Milk
1 cup Ghee
1/4 cup Banana pieces
2 cups Water
Raisins and Cashews fried in Ghee
- Fry semolina in a little ghee until golden in color and nutty smelling.
- In a thick bottomed pan mix the milk and the water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Slowly add the semolina to it. Keep stirring continuously to avoid lumps. It will be easier if you drop in the semolina from a piece of parchment paper. You can then use the other hand to stir.
- Be careful as the semolina will now start spluttering. Reduce the heat a bit.
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed, slowly add the sugar and banana pieces and keep stirring. The mixture will once again liquify, so take care not to form lumps.
- Now add the ghee and mix. It will be better if you add the ghee in batches and mix.
- When the mixture turns soft and starts glistening with ghee, take off the heat and mix in the cardamom powder and fried raisins and cashews.
- Don't forget to offer it to God before u savour it. :-)